Monday, March 14, 2011

Pasta Salad

Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been on an adventure swinging around the trees in the good ole cheese state tipping cows. Just kidding, I've been out in WI visiting my daughter and mingling with the locals. I'll tell ya they sure are a different breed of orangutans our here! I know I had said I'd be posting some Italian dishes, here soon but to hold ya over til then I've decided to give ya a easy side dish first. This pasta salad is not only easy but very versatile, you can pretty much add anything you want in the mix.

Shown below is the most common ingredients I like to use but these can easily be omitted as well. 
  • 1 Box of Rotini Noodles
  • 1 Large Bottle of Italian Dressing
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Red Onion
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • 1 Can Black Olives
  • 1 Jar Green Olives
  • Pepperoni 
  • Shredded Chedder Cheese
Cook pasta according to package, then set aside to cool. Cut up all veggies, then mix pasta, dressing and veggies together. After those are mixes  add pepperonis and cheese, mixing well. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You may need to add more dressing  after letting sit a few hours, because the noodles will  absorb some of your dressing.

(Click pictures to make bigger)

This dish is excellent for cookouts, side dish or even a main course meal. For you health conscious folks you can make a lighter version by using  lite or fat free dressing and using turkey pepperoni and eliminate the cheese and jarred olives. Like I said this is a recipe that can be played up or played down to your liking.

1 comment:

  1. yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy - the olives of course

    ReplyDelete